-
August 23rd, 2000, 07:40 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Everytime i try to record something i get crackles and stutters in the record, even when I have nothing running in the background?!?!? I've got a 500mhz athlon with 128mb ram so resources shouldn't really be a problem should it?
I've tried setting it game mode and increasing the latency but nothing helps. It's driving me insane.
-
August 28th, 2000, 09:52 PM
#2
HB Forum Owner
Maybe the Sound Problems section of www.ews64.com may bring you some ideas, but I guess you already tried that.
You should give some more information about your system (e.g. video card) and how you try to record (digital or analogue). Then other users maybe get ideas about what's the cause of your problems.
Do you use the latest drivers?
-
August 29th, 2000, 06:57 AM
#3
Inactive Member
I have same problem, I have EWS64S card. This is really annoying, when recording from synths (external, using analog line input), sound is somehow low quality and often even sounds like it's sampled in rate around 22KHz, but mainly poor quality with crackles.
I really don't have any ideas how to get this thing work again, when I installed it first time it works great and sound was perfect, but now it's really poor. However when playing MP3,WAV etc it sounds as it should.
And theres another problem too, when using Ckewalk and playing with external synth AND EWS internal at the same time, it "crashes" EWS sometimes, it's like a dead card until i turn powers off or reset the machine...
My current system contains AMD TBird 900, 128mb PC-133 and Asus TNT1 vidcard.
I have tested all possible driver version.
And onemore :-) I usedto record with Soundforge while playing whole song in Cakewalk (including EWS own synth and external ones) and put the whole crap in together. Maybe I have done something wrong in control panel or my system multimedia configs because today it wont work at all. Soundforge is just silent, just records silence (with hiss and crackles). And mixer settings doesn't affect at all (or i don't know how it sould use), only way to do this is to use Cakewalk record audio option with EWS synth-in device, but thats a bit poor quality as I mentioned before.
I have to say that I'm a bit confused with this card, but if I get this working some nice day I will be a really happy !
If anyone have any ideas even a little glue, i would respect that !
[This message has been edited by haksu (edited August 29, 2000).]
[This message has been edited by haksu (edited August 29, 2000).]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks